Based in Liège, Belgium
October 21th, 2021 (PC Early Access)
💫 Moons of Ardan 💫 is a captivating city-building game set in space.
The player takes the lead of the Axonauts, stranded on an uninhabited moon.
Developing a thriving civilization in a real-time planetary system. Overseeing production chains, catering to the needs of the axonauts, recovering their lost technologies, and navigating resource transportation.
Key game features include:
- A unique blend of citizens’ well-being and resources management, but set in a living, simulated planetary system.
- A visually stunning experience that includes spacecraft flying by and planets rising at the horizon, showcasing the growth and development of the player’s settlements.
- A planetary ecosystem that provides ecological challenges and opportunities for experimentation.
Moons of Ardan is available in early access on Steam and Epic Games Store for 19.99$/19.99€.
A demo is also available.
Story and gameplay
In Moons of Ardan, players take on the lead of a stranded civilization of Axonauts on an uninhabited moon.
The ultimate goal of the game is to build a wonder by establishing a thriving, multi-lunar space-faring society.
To achieve this, players must strategically manage resources, establish production chains, and expand their colony.
The game challenges players to balance the needs of their growing population with the limited resources available on the moon. As the colony expands, players will have to carefully plan the distribution of resources and manage the output of buildings through a factory slot system, allowing players to fine-tune the production of raw materials and end-products.
As players progress through the game, they will discover new ways to explore other moons around the giant gas planet Ardan, and will need to establish trade routes to transfer resources between settlements. The game also features a planetary ecosystem with ecological challenges, such as pollution, that players must address in order to maintain a sustainable colony.
Later in the game, players will have to colonize asteroids, using robot workers to handle the harsh conditions of outer space.
- A carefully handcrafted, real-time planetary system, featuring the gas giant Ardan and its 3 habitable moons, as well as 4 asteroids.
- Stunning planetary views that immerse players in the game’s world.
- 4 tiers of population progression, allowing players to see the development of their civilization over time.
- Over 45 resources to collect and manage, providing a challenging and engaging gameplay experience.
- Over 60 unique buildings to construct and upgrade, each with their own specific functions and benefits.
- Challenging production chains that test players’ ability to manage resources and optimize output.
- A flexible energy management system that gives players increased control over their production chains while also challenging them to rethink their colony layouts.
- A dynamic pollution system that offers both aesthetic and gameplay challenges, as players strive to balance their civilization’s growth with environmental preservation.
- A gridless and organic city-building system that allows players to design and build their settlements in a way that suits their playstyle.
- A powerful space route system for transferring resources between colonies, helping players to keep their settlements running smoothly.
- A factory slot system that allows players to fine-tune the output of their buildings, providing an extra layer of strategic depth.
- A priority system for job assignments, giving players more control over how their citizens are utilized.
- The ability to play at your own pace, or even pause the game to plan your expansion.
- An awesome tailor-made soundtrack by Christophe Hubermont, adding an extra layer of immersion to the game.
- A comprehensive tutorial system for players new to the city-building genre, making the game accessible to a wide range of players.
Moons of Ardan is created by Pandora Technology, an indie game development studio founded by game programmer Quentin Chevalier and artist François Mauge, who have been working tirelessly to bring their dream game to life.
After years of discussing the concept, the team decided to take the plunge and invest their savings into bringing this ambitious project to fruition. Despite the challenges that come with being a small team, they are dedicated to delivering a high-quality and enjoyable gaming experience for players.
They are joined by Christophe, a talented self-taught music composer, to bring a unique musical experience to the game.
Moons of Ardan has been in development since September 2020 and was released in early access in October 2021.
Artworks & Logos
About Pandora Technology
Pandora Technology is a Belgian independent game development studio, founded by game programmer Quentin Chevalier and artist François Mauge. With a passion for creating high-quality, enjoyable games, the team of two has been working together for years, honing their skills and bringing their ideas to life through various successful game jams.
- Quentin, with a background in game programming and experience working at Abrakam on Faeria/Roguebook, brings a wealth of technical knowledge to the team.
- François, an artist with a background in television production and experience creating trailers for major companies in the industry, brings a unique artistic vision to the game.
Together, they began their collaboration by participating in multiple game jams with a group of friends, but they had always dreamed of creating a commercial game together. The experience they gained from these game jams helped them lay the foundation for their current project, Moons of Ardan.
Now they are creating their first commercial release. For more than 2 years, their dedication and hard work have resulted in the creation of Moons of Ardan, their debut title, a genre-defining city-building game set in space that allows players to expand their civilization across the moons of a living planetary system, also a project with a strong focus on gameplay, fun, and quality.
The game challenges players to grow a small band of stranded Axonauts into a multi-lunar space-faring society, providing an exciting and immersive experience for players.
Programmer, Webmaster, Game Design